Position Title: Senior Creative, Content (Writer & Designer)
Reports to: Head of Brand, Marketing & Communications
Location: Los Angeles (HQ in Downtown LA)
About Larta Institute
Larta Institute is a non-profit organization accelerating innovation & entrepreneurship.
Our mission is to foster science & technology innovation for a sustainable planet.
Our planet is experiencing significant global problems created by human behavior and policies affecting the environment, food, education, energy & healthcare systems. New science & technology plays a critical role in transforming how we sustainably feed, fuel, and heal the world.
Larta was founded in 1993, in Los Angeles, as California’s regional technology alliance to stimulate the economic development of technology-based enterprises. Larta quickly became the national partner for numerous federal government agencies to commercialize novel research & innovation – including DARPA, NIH, DOE, NSF, NIST, NOAA, and USDA.
Today, our innovation platform & ecosystem accelerates new science & technology from idea to sustainable enterprise – by providing a unique combination of connections, resources, and funding.
We have helped over 6,000 startups, and our alumni have raised over $5BN in funds.
Together, let’s feed, fuel, and heal the world.
Reporting to the incoming Head of Brand, Marketing & Communications, the Senior Creative Content leads creation, writing, design and implementation of content that supports Larta’s goals and to reinforce organizational, program & product, and brand objectives. The primary responsibility of the Senior Creative, Content will be hands-on creation of content for Larta’s marketing & communications activities to engage startup founders and Larta’s diverse ecosystem and its accelerator programs & products – including thought-leadership content, program materials, social media, website pages & blog articles, videos, press releases, emails, podcasts, decks, and impact reports. The Senior Creative, Content role is critical in manifesting Larta’s new identity across all aspects of the organization & community.
What we offer
Larta Institute offers a competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package, as follows:
- Full-time employment within a mission-driven, non-profit organization.
- An open, diverse & inclusive culture, with a commitment to job stability and personal growth.
- Opportunities dedicated to personal and professional development.
- Annual performance bonus potential.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
- Office closes last week of each year.
- Health insurance coverage, with low employee premium contribution.
- 401(k) with employer match after 9 months of employment.
- Subsidized parking or transportation.
- Monthly reimbursement on data package (home/mobile).
- Lead the creation of content to engage the startup ecosystem with Larta’s programs and products, support fundraising, and increased awareness of Larta’s global mission and impact.
- Translate Larta’s mission & narrative to a diverse ecosystem of audience groups including startup founders, government agencies, academia, investors, foundations, mentors, and industry.
- Lead hands-on creative development of marketing & communications content, specifically:
- Program & Product Content – to attract and engage startup/ecosystem participation.
- Social Media – engaging content to build community, education, and conversation.
- Website – contribute to new website development and expand online content presence.
- Videos/Podcasts – contribute to series featuring new science/tech & portfolio companies.
- Press Releases – write all PR and engage with partners and journalists for news/events.
- Email Campaigns – writing for newsletters/campaigns to promote programs & events.
- Presentation Decks – storytelling Larta’s mission and program offering to audiences.
- Impact Reports – communicating the social impact of Larta and its alumni companies.
- Collaborate with a future team of two peers (Digital Marketing and Events Coordinator). Grow the team’s expertise by providing leadership and advocacy for content marketing & communications.
- Develop content & campaign briefs and work closely with internal teams and agencies on campaign direction, content development, copywriting, and production of final deliverables.
- Monitor creative & content trends, innovations, and technologies, and make recommendations for implementation to continuously optimize the impact of Larta’s marketing communications.
- Ensure Larta’s voice and brand is consistent across channels and campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, design, journalism or related field.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a creative agency or in-house marketing/brand role.
- Passionate about global cause marketing for a sustainable planet, social impact, and DEI.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with culturally diverse staff across teams.
- Proven portfolio of creative work including writing & design across a variety of channels.
- Hands-on writing skills for a range of campaign, promo materials, media channel & platforms.
- Hands-on design skills with Adobe Creative Suite to across a range of content formats.
- Experience managing external agencies, vendors or direct agency-side experience is a plus.
- Experience with new science & technology startups. Non-profit/fundraising experience a plus.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
Diversity Equity, and Inclusion
Larta Institute is committed to providing an accessible, safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy aims to ensure that all members of the Larta Institute community – including our staff, startup founders, mentors, government officials, industry executives, investors, speakers, sponsors, donors, advisory board members, and other community members – are treated with dignity and respect in an open culture that is free from harassment, discrimination, violence, and other inappropriate conduct.
Larta Institute is committed to diversity, equitable access, and inclusion.
Salary range: $75,000-83,000k + bonus
Employment Status: Exempt
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter & resume outlining your background and suitability for this position with Larta Institute and a creative portfolio highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com. Please submit with the following subject line: “Application to Larta Institute – Senior Creative, Content”.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Larta Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.
Seniority Level: Senior Creative, Content
- Civic & Social Organization
- Science & Technology Innovation