What is Larta?
Larta Institute is a non-profit organization accelerating innovation & entrepreneurship.
Our mission is to foster science & technology innovation for a sustainable planet. Our planet is experiencing significant global problems created by human behavior and policies affecting the environment, food, education, energy & healthcare systems. New science & technology plays a critical role in transforming how we sustainably feed, fuel, and heal the world. Larta was founded in 1993, in Los Angeles, as California’s regional technology alliance to stimulate the economic development of technology-based enterprises. Larta quickly became the national partner for numerous federal government agencies to commercialize novel research & innovation – including DARPA, NIH, DOE, NSF, NIST, NOAA, and USDA. Today, our innovation platform & ecosystem accelerates new science & technology from idea to sustainable enterprise – by providing a unique combination of connections, resources, and funding. We have helped over 6,000 startups, and our alumni have raised over $5BN in funds.
Together, let’s feed, fuel, and heal the world.
We seek a capable, organized, and motivated individual who is passionate about Larta’s mission and excited about the opportunity to contribute to the Sustainability Practice. You will be part of a team working to catalyze change in the future of the planet earth and beyond by supporting companies developing innovative solutions focused on ocean resilience, circular economy, agriculture, food and edtech through programs/initiatives related to entrepreneurial ecosystem. Through this opportunity you will increase your knowledge of program/portfolio management, entrepreneurship, and the commercialization of emerging technologies in the above-mentioned sectors. If you are a super multi-tasker, motivated by working in a diverse, fast paced environment and have a passion for Program/Project Management, Market Research, (and, as a bonus, Business Development), we want to hear from you.
At Larta, we are:
Lifelong learners and Leaders
Ambitious and Adaptable
Resourceful and Respectful
Team Players and Trustworthy
Altruistic and Accountable
What will you do?
The Program Associate will assist in all aspects of planning, development, monitoring, delivery, and control of Larta’s market research and/or other professional services within Larta’s suite of commercialization services and programs. Larta’s client portfolio includes recipients of SBIR/STTR (Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer) awards from various U.S. Federal agencies, companies from the private sector, foundations, and investment firms. These programs are designed to assist innovative entrepreneurs and university researchers with various commercialization activities including customized business consulting, intellectual property assessment, market research, pitch deck review, company financials, introduction to key industry stakeholders and potential investors, website design, marketing, and branding.
What would my day look like?
- Provide support to key members of the Sustainability Team at Larta.
- Manage day-to-day programs operational tasks ensuring timely execution of agreed upon deliverables.
- Assist and provide input to program for management of the program: establishing program milestones, deliverables, timelines, and resources.
- Assessment of market research needs from program participants with review/enhancement of market research reports.
- Coordination of program surveys, data analysis and interpretation of results. Prepare and coordinate customer satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with program related reports.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, reorganizing data in a format that can be easily read.
- Assist in planning and execution of Ideas, Energized Webinar series, podcasts. and blogs.
- Special projects as required (e.g., documentation of workflow processes, development of standard operating procedures).
- Event Logistics – Assist in planning and execution of all logistical aspects of Larta’s flagship industry event, Ag Innovation Showcase and all virtual and live events, including but not limited to webinars, industry salons, demo days, industry networking meetings, TABA recruitment events, accelerator program events.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What skills and experience does Larta require?
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in science-related fields and/or business).
- Minimum 1-2 years professional work experience in Program/Project Management, Market Research or Business Development.
- Interest in new science & technology start-ups, innovation, entrepreneurship, emerging companies, and ventures preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Office 365, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in data analytics and presenting data with charts, graphs, and other tools.
- Ability to thrive under pressure while simultaneously managing multiple issues and assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with culturally diverse staff across teams and good interpersonal skills.
Salary range: $52,000-$57,000
Employment Status: Exempt
What we offer!
Larta offers a competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package, as follows:
- Full-time employment with a growing company committed to job stability and personal growth.
- Opportunities dedicated to personal and professional development
- Annual performance bonus potential
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Office closes last week of each year
- Health insurance coverage, with low employee premium contribution.
- 401(k) with employer match after 9 months of employment
- Subsidized parking or transportation
- Monthly reimbursement on data package (home/mobile)
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter outlining your background and suitability for this position with Larta Institute and a resume highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com. Please submit with the following subject line: Larta Program Associate, Sustainability Practice.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Larta is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented, and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.