Position Title: Associate, Digital Marketing
Reports to: Head of Brand, Marketing & Communications
Location: Los Angeles (HQ in Downtown LA)
About Larta Institute
Larta Institute is a non-profit organization accelerating innovation & entrepreneurship.
Our mission is to foster science & technology innovation for a sustainable planet.
Our planet is experiencing significant global problems created by human behavior and policies affecting the environment, food, education, energy & healthcare systems. New science & technology plays a critical role in transforming how we sustainably feed, fuel, and heal the world.
Larta was founded in 1993, in Los Angeles, as California’s regional technology alliance to stimulate the economic development of technology-based enterprises. Larta quickly became the national partner for numerous federal government agencies to commercialize novel research & innovation – including DARPA, NIH, DOE, NSF, NIST, NOAA, and USDA.
Today, our innovation platform & ecosystem accelerates new science & technology from idea to sustainable enterprise – by providing a unique combination of connections, resources, and funding.
We have helped over 6,000 startups, and our alumni have raised over $5BN in funds.
Together, let’s feed, fuel, and heal the world.
Reporting to the incoming Head of Brand, Marketing & Communications, the Associate of Digital Marketing leads the development, execution and measurement of digital campaigns that support Larta’s goals and that reinforce organizational, program & product, and brand objectives. In addition to their primary responsibility of executing Larta’s digital marketing activities (social media, website, community platforms, virtual events, PR, emails, insights), the Associate collaborates across our internal teams of experts and outside agencies to coordinate awareness, acquisition, fundraising and community engagement efforts. The Associate will gather audience insights and be guided by emerging trends to expand Larta’s reach on digital platforms and optimize overall performance.
What we offer
Larta Institute offers a competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package, as follows:
- Full-time employment within a mission-driven, non-profit organization.
- An open, diverse & inclusive culture, with a commitment to job stability and personal growth.
- Opportunities dedicated to personal and professional development.
- Annual performance bonus potential.
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
- Office closes last week of each year.
- Health insurance coverage, with low employee premium contribution.
- 401(k) with employer match after 9 months of employment.
- Subsidized parking or transportation.
- Monthly reimbursement on data package (home/mobile).
- Drive the development of integrated digital campaigns to meet or exceed acquisition targets for new programs and products, fundraising goals, and increased awareness of Larta’s global mission and impact.
- Lead hands-on execution of all digital marketing efforts and specifically:
- Social Media – posting, audience engagement & tracking (using Hootsuite or similar)
- Website – update content & pages, and site architecture as needed (using WordPress)
- Community Platforms – drive audience engagement via various digital channels
- Virtual Events – setup, manage, and operate seamless experiences for our ecosystem
- Press Releases – setup, distribute, and track digital press releases to media channels
- Email Campaigns – creation & deployment to various audiences (using MailChimp)
- Media Monitoring – listening to our community for insights (using Meltwater or similar)
- Collaborate with a future team of two peers (Content Lead and Events Coordinator). Grow the team’s expertise by providing leadership and advocacy for digital marketing & communications.
- Manage the day-to-day vendor communications ensuring timely execution of agreed upon deliverables (including SEO agency, website developers, and other digital vendors).
- Execute and report on digital marketing results—across social media, platforms, virtual events, website, SEO, emails, and other channels—in close collaboration with internal teams.
- Provide regular reports on relevant KPIs across all digital campaigns, with recommendations for ongoing and future campaigns.
- Develop digital campaign briefs and work closely with content producers and internal teams on campaign direction, content development, copywriting, and production of final deliverables.
- Serve as the team lead for third-party digital marketing partnerships and digital brand collaborations.
- Monitor digital trends, innovations, and technologies, and make recommendations for implementation to continuously optimize the impact of Larta’s digital communications.
- Ensure Larta’s voice and brand is consistent across channels and campaigns.
- Evaluate emerging digital technologies and make recommendations for adoption where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a marketing agency or in-house marketing role
- Passionate about global cause marketing for a sustainable planet, social impact, and DEI.
- Solid experience in social media and digital campaigns. Digital fundraising experience a plus.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with culturally diverse staff across teams.
- Proven data-driven, audience-centric approach to campaign building.
- Solid understanding of analytics and reporting dashboards.
- Experience managing external agencies, vendors or direct agency-side experience is a plus.
- Experience writing copy for a range of digital platforms is a plus but not a requirement.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite for handling approved brand graphics is a real plus.
- Interest and knowledge of new and emerging social and digital industry trends.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
Diversity Equity, and Inclusion
Larta Institute is committed to providing an accessible, safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy aims to ensure that all members of the Larta Institute community – including our staff, startup founders, mentors, government officials, industry executives, investors, speakers, sponsors, donors, advisory board members, and other community members – are treated with dignity and respect in an open culture that is free from harassment, discrimination, violence, and other inappropriate conduct.
Larta Institute is committed to diversity, equitable access, and inclusion.
Salary range: $55,000-$60,000
Employment Status: Exempt
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter outlining your background and suitability for this position with Larta Institute and a resume highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com. Please submit with the following subject line: “Application to Larta Institute – Associate, Digital Marketing”.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Larta Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.
- Civic & Social Organization
- Science & Technology Innovation