What is Larta?
Larta Institute is a mission-driven innovation accelerator that provides a runway of success for world-changing ideas in food and agriculture, energy, and life sciences. We give promising scientists and entrepreneurs the tools they need to “feed, fuel, and heal” the world. As a world-class accelerator, Larta Institute’s mission is to uncover solutions that improve the lives of people throughout the world. For over 25 years, we have supported entrepreneurs around the world, helping them bring their life-changing products to a constantly-evolving marketplace.
We are seeking a highly-motivated self-starter with exceptional multi-tasking and writing skills and passion for technology-driven innovation to join the Larta team. This internship is a great opportunity to get your feet wet in the intersection of technology and entrepreneurship. Candidates’ majors and interests should align with our organizational mission and culture to ensure a good fit for the internship.
At Larta, we are…
Lifelong Learners and Leaders
Ambitious and Adaptable
Resourceful and Respectful
Team Players and Trustworthy
Altruistic and Accountable
What will you do?
As Project Management Intern, you must possess the ability to efficiently manage your time and be extremely detail oriented. Excellent analytical, verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful at this position. The intern will support Larta’s program teams in the following ways.
What would my day look like?
· Program execution within the Programs teams
· Administrative activities and assistance with monthly reports to client
· Tracking of company deliverables through Excel and communicating progress with supervisors.
· Support in creation of PowerPoint presentations and marketing materials
· Collection and consolidation of survey results and program metrics
· Communication with high-level members within Larta’s networks (e.g. mentors, grantees, clients,
industry) as well as the Larta Executive Management team.
· Assistance with logistics for external conferences/events
What skills and experience does Larta require?
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate degree program (preferably in a science, economics or business-related field).
- Familiarity with vocabulary, concepts and theories of innovation, entrepreneurship and international development preferred.
- Commitment to internship for at least 4-6 months; longer commitments preferred
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Proficient in Office 365, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis tools is a plus
- Strong presentation skills and professional presence
Hourly Pay: $14.25
Employment Status: Internship
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter outlining your background and suitability for this position with Larta and a resume highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit with the following subject line: Project Management Internship.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion
Larta is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.