Larta Institute is seeking a highly-motivated self-starter with interest in the intersection of entrepreneurship, events, marketing, business development, community engagement and foundation grants. The External Engagement Intern must possess excellent written/verbal communication skills and creativity as well as quantitative, analytical and interpersonal skills.
In this role, the intern will assist in all aspects of planning, development and delivery of Larta communications, marketing, and branding efforts including events. Day to day activities relate to maintaining and expanding Larta's presence as a major player in the innovation space as well as planning for the 2018 Ag Innovation Showcase (AgInnovationShowcase.com) in September.
- Conduct research for and contribute to proposals and white papers;
- Create PowerPoint presentations and marketing materials;
- Think strategically about every task assigned, and possible ways to improve efficiency,
- Support team members on various events, meetings, and conferences; and
- Event speaker and sponsorship coordination
- Event collateral development (program book, marketing materials)
- Creation of content for written marketing materials including the company website, blog, social media platforms, and promotional materials such as press releases.
- Maintenance of above platforms (non-technical)
- Monitoring of media outlets for relevant opportunities, news and developments.
- Discovery of potential industry/event partnerships
- Be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Commit to internship for at least a full semester (4-6 months); longer commitments preferred
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (ie., Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm & ingenuity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well-versed in the social media space
- Tech-savvy with basic website working knowledge
- Work-study students are preferred and encouraged to apply
Please send a customized cover letter (including availability), resume and a brief (2-3 page maximum) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include External Engagement Intern in the subject line.
Hourly Pay: $ 12/hr
Click here to view the full job description