Salary Range: 48,000 - 60,000
Program Associate – Agricultural Practice
What is Larta?
Larta Institute is a mission-driven innovation accelerator that provides a runway of success for world-changing ideas in agriculture, energy, and healthcare. We give promising scientists and entrepreneurs the tools they need to “feed, fuel, and heal” the world. As a world-class accelerator, Larta Institute’s mission is to uncover solutions that improve the lives of people throughout the world. For over 25 years, we have supported entrepreneurs around the world, helping them bring their life-changing products to a constantly-evolving marketplace.
We seek a sharp, organized, detail-oriented motivated individual to excel in our Agriculture Practice. You will be part of a team working to catalyze change in the agriculture and animal healthcare sector through a program of great importance to the world.
At Larta, we are:
Lifelong learners and Leaders
Ambitious and Adaptable
Resourceful and Respectful
Team Players and Trustworthy
Altruistic and Accountable
What will you do?
As a Program Associate, you will be involved in support of every aspect of program management, including communicating with key stakeholders, planning key events in the cycle of each program year, and assisting with reports and other deliverables. You will travel to, and be associated with, key events organized by the program and will interact with participating entrepreneurs.
You will be a member of the team assisting innovative entrepreneurs and university researchers to receive support with commercialization activities, such as customized business consulting, IP assessment, market research, pitch deck review, company financials, website design, marketing and branding as well as introducing them to key industry stakeholders and potential investors.
Through this opportunity you will increase your knowledge of program/portfolio management, entrepreneurship, and the commercialization of emerging agriculture and animal healthcare technologies.
- Provides support to the Senior Program Associate and Agricultural Practice Director and other Larta team members as needed
- Plans and coordinates large-scale events
- Conducts research and data entry
- Develops and edits critical reports that will be submitted to our federal contract agency
- Assists with the design of posters and visuals aids for reports, events, and conferences
- Assists with the development of content for social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter), print and digital media campaigns, press releases, and other marketing materials
- Uses user-friendly SaaS systems (Mail Chimp, Affinity, Google Docs, Square Space or similar products)
- Contributes to planning and management of different agriculture-related programs
What would my day look like?
Assists with day-to-day activities, including managing and coordinating all logistical requirements of agriculture-related programs.
- Performs administrative duties
- Creates reports
- Documents and updates program action items
- Coordinates program surveys
- Analyzes and interprets survey data and produces reports
- Reviews market research
- Communicates with participating entrepreneurs, mentors, and industry representatives
- Manages and coordinates logistics for external conferences/events
Salary range: $ 48,000-60,000
- Undergraduate/Master’s degree (preferable in business, economics, or other business/science related fields)
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office and other software, particularly Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner
- Ability to accept direction from multiple individuals
- Strong interest in innovation and entrepreneurship (interest in the agricultural field preferred)
- Event management, planning, and logistics (preferred)
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter (including availability), resume and a brief (2-3 pages maximum) writing sample to Please include ‘Associate for Ag Practice’ in the subject line.
Click here to view the full job description